Join us with your colleague to design and implement multidisciplinary learning modules!
Innokas Network arranges during school year 2017-2018 an extensive training program on the design of multidisciplinary learning modules. In the program, each participating teacher team designs a multidisciplinary learning module for their school and implements it during the 2018 Spring term. Students are encouraged to engage in both the design and implementation of the module. The program is facilitated by Innokas Network trainers and experts from the University of Helsinki.
The program launches is November 2017 and comprises of three and half training days. Simultaneous program activities span eight cities, with participants in each city networking with others using digital technology during self-study periods and on training days.
The training is free of charge, but we are not able to support with teacher substitute expenses.
Target group and training locations
The training is open for all Finnish basic education teachers. The training days take place in Espoo, Helsinki, Jyväskylä, Kuopio, Lappeenranta, Oulu, Rovaniemi and Tampere. Participants will receive more details on location.
Agenda and topics for training days
Tue 21.11.2017 9.00-15.00 Design, implementation and assessment of multidisciplinary modules
- The innovative process in creating multidisciplinary modules
- Digital tools in supporting future competence
- Experts of the day: Professor Kai Hakkarainen and Professor Jari Lavonen from the University of Helsinki
Wed 22.11.2017 9.00-15.00 “Get Excited and Innovate!” – digital tools in innovation
- Regional workshops
- Kick-off for the design of multidisciplinary modules
Wed 31.1.2018 klo 15.00-18.00 Implementing a multidisciplinary module in the school
- Assessment in multidisciplinary modules
- Presentation and peer review of multidisciplinary module designs
Tue 8.5.2018 klo 9.00-15.00 Reflecting on multidisciplinary module implementation
- Presentation of multidisciplinary module implementations and experience sharing
Enrollment for this program is closed as the program has commenced.