What is the trajectory of technology from the past to today? How does technology produce well-being in everyday life? How to everyday technological devices work?
You can approach everyday technology in school through meaningful making, inquiry, invention and trial. The everyday technology training offers tools for designing multidisciplinary learning modules around everyday technology. The activities are based on the pedagogical model of Innovation Education and the transversal competences in the Finnish Curriculum for Basic Education.
The target group for the training is all basic education teachers. The training is a continuum for the Get excited and Innovate training program.
The two day local training sessions are organized in Espoo, Helsinki, Turku, Tampere, Kuopio, Lappeenranta, Larsmo, Lohja, Joensuu, Oulu and Rovaniemi.
The training consists of four parts:
Part 1: Everyday technology in basic education
- Distance learning online 11/2019-01/2020
Part 2: Hands on everyday technology!
- Two day local training 13.-14.2.2020
Part 3: Multidisciplinary learning modules in practice
- Doing a project in your own school in spring 2020
- online guidance and support available
Part 4: Everyday technology –faire: sharing, assessment and reflection
- Please note! The planned face-to-face meeting on Friday the 24th of April will be held online as a distance meeting due to the Corona-virus situation. The trainers will be in contact with participants and give further guidelines.
The registration for the training is closed.